While I'm very pleased with the performance of the Touch with my
external music server (46,000 songs) I've not had a successful scan by
the built-in server in three tries with two different copies of the
external backup drives. The first scan ran 14 or 15 hours before I gave
up. The next two tries seemed to scan through the drive in 4 or 5 hours
only to have the internal server crash at the very end. (And yes,
firmware is up to date.)

I did try it with a 2 GB USB flash drive and it all worked very nicely.

Since the Touch works extremely well for the purpose I bought it for,
I'm pleased. However, I can't say I'm impressed with the Tiny SBS
function, especially since this was the cause of the four month delay
in product release.

--
mlsstl