ncpl;543232 Wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> You did read my post didn't you ;)?  It works if I impact the streaming
> to all of my devices.  My flac are all at -5 and I have many of them so
> I don't really want to re-encode them if HQ here are working on a more
> robust fix/solution.
>
> If a non-teckie user (like my Dad who is at the limit of web use and
> playback via SB) buys some 96/24 flac online and has to then re-encode
> them to get them to play is hardly a desirable solution is it ?
>
> SBT should play 96k flac at any level of compression.
>
> Cheers

I did read it - it didn't mention the flac compession rate. I thought
you just wanted to get it working!
I don't disagree that it should work with flac @ at any rate.

I don't see how streaming as PCM (in the meantime) would impact your
other players as the server only serves up one stream no matter how
many players there are (if synched). You should have plenty of
bandwidth even for 5 different unsynched pcm streams...
Of course, I'm assuming your router is wired to your server... :-)

Did you try it? - did it not work?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio