I don't have that big a library, only about 15000 songs and I don't see
that behavior at all. In may case the server gets up to about 10% max
when playing files (even 24/96 flac -8)

The only time I see it going high is when the scanner is running. Is
there a chance the scanner is still running? Are you booting the Touch
then plugging in the drive and watching the scan to see when it
finishes? (there will always be a scan when you plug a drive in).

The only other thing I can think of is if a bunch of retries are
happening. There could be issues with a large database when skipping
ahead in a playlist, but once a song is playing I don't see how the
number of songs can cause a problem other than normal things like
fragmentation.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson