I have near 20/20 eye sight so I can assure you that 12' away is not
readable for most people.  Logi-techs screwed up big time in the
usability department.

The cleverest bit of the original Squeezebox is the huge green one
liner despite the small screen.  It made the box a joy to use.

By the way if you look at the nice Touch screen it is very similar size
to a PDA.  I am quite sure that Logitech is using its purchasing power
and leverage parts from other PDA or one of their LCD remotes to make
the $299 pricing.  And from the shape of the screen I think it will be
a challenge to display large letters like that of the SB2 and SB3.

I am also surprised that no one else raised that issue.  And to imply
that the product is designed to be used with an iPhone or the
Controller is bull.  That was never stated in the product requirement.
And it would preclude the requirement of many of the users who would
expect the remote control is to work remote from the coach side of the
living room.

I have an iPhone with iPeng, and even I use the remote control 99% of
the time.

If they did a focus group they asked the wrong groups.

--
agentsmith

Main System:
Source: Macbook Pro/M2Tech HiFace/Naim DAC/Teddy XPS
Amplification: Naim 282/200/Hicap+Powerline/NAPSC
Speakers: Harbeth Monitor 30

Bedroom System: SB2 or Airport Express + Meridian AD88

Missing my Transporter