m1abrams;543599 Wrote:
> Well mine has worked flawlessly from day one with only 5 min setup time
> including updating to the latest firmware.  Now I admit have a
> simpilier setup than you probably do, which is why you are having
> issues.  Try detailing your setup and maybe we can help you.

Thanks for your offer of help. I'm still awaiting a call from customer
support (they have "escalated" my issue), but my main issue is that the
SBT is failing to recognize the HDD (Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB --
bought on the recommendation of another user(!)), once the HDD has gone
into sleep mode after 10 min. Yes, I can disable/extend the sleep mode
time interval, but I don't want an HDD spinning 24/7. I have a 4-port
D-link USB mains-powered hub connected between the SBT and the HDD, and
that all works ok...until, after 10 min of inactivity, the SBT won't
recognize/connect to the HDD any longer.

Like I say, I'll wait to see what customer support can come up with as
a solution, although any ideas from other users or your good self would
be most welcome, too!

--
SomersetGuy