Its definitely not supposed to be doing that. On mine it does what its
supposed to. When the room gets brighter, the screen gets brighter.

Have you tried the manual control? Does that do what you expect?

What type of lights and how are you changing the intensity? Are you
turning lights on and off or are you using a dimmer?

I could envision a situation where a dimmer controlling fluorescent
lights could confuse the sensor. A common dimmer pulse width modulates
the electricity to the light and the senseor is taking multiple
readings per second. I can envision those two interacting with each
other to cause strange effects.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson