I'm seeing this kind of issues too with my Squeezebox Touch.

When I turn off the lights in the room, sometimes the display dims but
then lights up again. Sometimes it just lights up immediately.

The most interesting effect has been after turning of the lights and
waiting a while, when the Touch would fluctuate between bright and
dark. First it would light and then immediately dim, wait a few
seconds, then repeat. Eventually it settled on the bright. I've seen
this a couple of times.

Manually I can adjust the brightness to very dim (actually I'd like it
even dimmer than what seems to be the lowest setting), but then it's
unusable when the room lights are turned on. There's no separate values
for "turned on" and "turned off" brightness levels like there used to
be. And there's no direct brightness adjustment button on the remote
now. :( So manual brightness is not really a solution, I don't want to
keep adjusting it every time when I turn the device on or off.

--
Wizzu