Like many of you, I was excited at the prospect of buy a Touch for some
time. And like some, my interest is primarily in connecting it to an
external hard drive, rather than to a wireless computer-based system.
Convenience, high fidelity, and stylish, affordable package - the Touch
seemed to offer it all.

However, after reading the many threads on this forum with informative
posts from beta-testers and other folks with the technical know-how to
understand what's going wrong and why, I can't see myself buying a
Touch now, or in the near future. Even with the many delays due to
software development, I get the feeling that the Touch is far from
ready to provide a reliable and enjoyable experience to someone like me
who knows good sound, but who lacks the technical knowledge to identify
and fix bugs, or who has $1000-2000 to purchase a more sophisticated
alternative (if there is one).

Sorry to be such a party-pooper. I really wanted a Touch-EHD component
to add to my modest but great-sounding stereo system, but with all I've
read here from you guys, I think a purchase now would just lead to
disappointment.

Please, if you have the time and the interest, share your thoughts on
my dilemma. Am I being realistic or a worry-wart? What would you do in
my situation? Are there other considerations that I'm not aware of. Any
and all replies will be greatly appreciated.

--
iwannatouch