don't miss the point that my completely non-technical brother has his
touch working using the embedded "tinySC" sofware, and an old external
USB drive with 54,000 tracks with NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER.  I have one too
with no issues whatsoever (but in my case, I am using it with a SbS
running 24/7, so this is not a fair comparison).

As others often point out, don't assume that the posts on a forum
represent the typical case. The thousands of people who have no
complaints because something just works don't bother to even discover
this forum exits, much less post here.

--
garym