wt0;559834 Wrote:
> Oh.  You know I completely forgot that squeezeboxes have client plugins.
> So I guess, SqzCtrl won't have a lyrics plugin, at least not anytime
> soon. There are way too many other changes and features I want to do
> before I'd consider doing a lyrics feature.

Plus, there's the rights issue. I don't know about Palm but Apple is
famous for throwing Apps out of the App Store that use Lyrics databases
from unlicensed sources and my understanding is that at least in the US
lyrdb (which the lyrics plugin uses) is not licensed.

There's also Erland's "SongInfo" plugin that can deliver Lyrics and
THAT one does work with iPeng.

> BTW pippin, are you planning to add an audio player to ipeng?

Yes. But iOS4 and iPad need to come first. It's halfway done but posed
to be more tricky than I thought. Unfortunately I could not take the
simple route of porting SqueezeSlave due to GPL's incompatibility with
the App Store license agreement.

--
pippin

---