wt0;559887 Wrote:

> It's always the details that get you:) From the packets I captured it
> looks like after a bunch of handshake,control and status messages, it
> just tells to player to open a http stream, is that just a regular
> music stream that you can ask the underlying audio system to open?  I
> compared the beginning of flac stream w/ the spec and it seems pretty
> standard.

It's a regular stream but can have a lot of formats. SP does a bit of
post-processing though.
If you start from scratch it#s probably not too difficult to get
something to work fast but if you want things like synchronization it's
going to be more tricky.
One of the thing that scare me is that I ported quite a bit of
functionality which is not only not documented but for which I have no
idea what it actually does...

> So squeezeslave is straight GPL? It doesn't have any LGPL stuff that
> you could just use as is? GPL is a pain. Giving away your code is
> great, but forcing people to make their code free too even if your code
> is only a small part of their code just doesn't seem right.
Straight GPL. Plus LGPL would not help too much since you can't
dynamically link in iPhone Apps.

--
pippin

---