I'm either going to buy a 32 GB HCSD for my touch or a similar size usb
flash drive. USB thumb drives seem to be a little cheaper.

Here I found a class6 32 HCSD card for $60 shipped.
http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ASDH32GCL6R

Here is a 32 GB flashdrive for $43 after rebate.

Will one work better than the other on the Touch? Do speeds matter?
It irks me that the Touch can't read simultaniously from both SD card
and usb which would double my music library size. I Sure would love
logitech to support this in the future! I refuse to hook up a spinning
harddrive to my touch.

--
leif