leif;561458 Wrote:

> It irks me that the Touch can't read simultaniously from both SD card
> and usb which would double my music library size. I Sure would love
> logitech to support this in the future! I refuse to hook up a spinning
> harddrive to my touch.

It actually CAN be done, but its not all that easy. You have to format
both the USB stick and the SD with a linux file system (either EXT2 or
EXT3) and make a symbolic link from one to another. The combined system
is seen as one disk to TinySBS. I've tried it, it does work.

Unfortunately the Touch does not have programs to make file systems, so
you would have to do this on a separate linux computer.

There is another option which MAY work without having to format the
drives with linux filesystems: mount one drive into another. The
problem is that the OS is setup to automatically mount both USB and SD
cards into specific locations. You would either have to modify this
behavior, OR let the OS mount them, then unmount one and remount it
into the other. I THINK this can be done using any filesystem, but I
haven't tried it.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson