Hi Everyone,

The SB Touch seems like the best solution as a controller for my
laziness. The ONLY reason I want to buy this is to connect it directly
to an external HDD to play FLAC. I am eyeing the Benchmark DAC1 and
either an Arcam, Rotel, Anthem or Naim AMP later on.

I do NOT want to use a computer anywhere in between the process and
plan to put the SB Touch on my bedside table.

This thread is something that I had been searching for since yesterday
when I first found out about the SB Touch and immediately about the
external HDD issues.

I don't want any album art or covers.

So am I right in assuming that using the fixes given in this thread
will result in a flawless external HDD FLAC playback? If so, I will get
the SB Touch otherwise, it will be my MacBook Pro with the Benchmark
controlled via an Iphone (I will have to buy that solely to control VLC
as I don't want any large light source/display just to skip back or
forward in a song). The other option is to trade in a kidney for the
Bryston stuff that I am still researching.

What is of fundamental importance to me is to listen to my FLAC files
in complete darkness (weird habit since childhood, started listening to
music at the age of 2 I did my mother says).

Additional information is that I am getting a pair of Canton Vento
809DC speakers next week and the integrated amp next month. If the
quality is good as is I might not buy the external DAC.

Hats off to all of you for sharing your knowledge that has made me
re-consider this solution. It is really awesome of you to spend hours
trying to find a fix and then sharing it with complete newbies like me.

If I could just have a final word on whether it is worth buying or not
I shall be very grateful.

Many thanks and best regards,

Shahab.

--