Hello and many thanks for your replies.

I am using the SB Touch in standalone mode attached to a USB 1TB
Toshiba external HDD. I go out the coaxial digital output to my DAC a
Audio Synthesis Dax Decade. I believe that my system is revealing
enough to show relatively small improvements in the SB Touch
perfromance.

The main reasons I mentioned the Sheeva plug that make it an attractive
device to me are.
- Looks to be reasonably priced
- Small and unobtrusive
- Quiet
- There appears to be alot of helpful info on setting it up with SBS

I would want to use my current HDD with the sheevaplug and just use my
laptop to rip additional music as and when I buy it. I don't miss the
use of the plugins and would only be interested in the Sheevaplug if it
improves the sonic performance of the Touch by taking the processing
away from the touch and performing it all on the sheevaplug. Perhaps as
mentioned, the sonic benefits of an external server are not clear cut
though and it may be a relatively pointless expense.

I am still a little unclear as to whether it is possible to do the flac
decoding on a sheevaplug, is this possible?

Many thanks.

--
woodnut