Ok. Small update.

Everything seems to work since I switched explicitly to MySB. I do
understand that there might be some issues using MySB, but in my
situation, using a Touch only, it seems to work very good in
combination with the applets running on the Touch (Soma FM, Last.fm,
etc.).

Running a server 24/7 is no option for me. I find it just as 'weird' as
having your motor engine runing 24/7, or having the lights on 24/7 or
the heating on 24/7 for just a few hours of traveling, darkness and
cold.
As the server is also used for real-time transcoding movies(PS3, iPad),
it's a rather fast server with a relative high idle power consumption...
So the server is running on-demand using WOL over LAN & WAN and that
saves me about €100/year on my electricity bill.

Since I'm using the Touch, I am considering using TinySC and a small
mobile harddisk in the future once TinySC / SC matured a bit and all
plug-ins have been made compatible with the new version.
The mentioned Sheeva/Guruplug combined with again a mobile harddisk is
also a viable solution, but I let them fix the powersupply overheating
issues first ;)

--
Mars Warrior