pieronip;569559 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I'm new to this and
> am not quite sure where to look so bear with me please.
>
> I have set up my system (SB Touch and Server 7.5.1) to decode FLAC on
> the server (in advanced settings "FLAC - Disabled, PCM - FLAC"). This
> gives me an error when trying to play some 24/192 files as the bitrate
> is unsupported.
>
> I have seen references to 'custom.convert.conf' to force downsampling
> when bitrate > 192 but I have no idea how to configure this.
>
> Can anyone help or point me to some instructions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> BTW - Squeezebox server is on a W2K3 Server.

As things stand, you can't do this. You can only send 96k FLAC files as
PCM.

Stick with Flac and it all works perfectly.

It will require a code change to the server to allow intelligent PCM
downsampling. AndyG can confirm or deny this...

I've spent a while trying to get this to work by simply editing
convert.conf aand I gave up.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio