iPhone;569964 Wrote:
> Are you doing daily updates or do you just grab one a week or something?
> We shouldn't be near the number of writes they say you start having
> trouble at, but who knows.
>
> Did Caleb or anybody put out a White paper or block diagram on the
> Touch? I don't seem to have any in my Touch file area. I would like to
> see if there is a major common area other then memory that deals with
> both the IR and Display.
>
> I wonder if it would be worth wild to fall all the way back to Red Boot
> and watch the memory block test? I'll check and see if I have a script
> for that. I wonder if there would be any value in modifying my audio
> testing script to test video?
>
> This Touch plays fine from all outputs, can be controlled from WebUI
> and Controller, the IR remote is basically useless, and the display is
> intermittent? Does that about sum it up? No commands work on the IR?
> Does the display change size when attempting to use the remote and can
> you tell if the proximity sensor is working? On the display, is it more
> not responding to touch or a garbled display? What I am asking is it
> appears to be directly related to IO in general that doesn't use
> Ethernet or WiFi? Idea, connect a USB Mouse to the USB port, does it
> work properly? Keyboard?
>
> I know this is a big rock I'm throwing, but I want to get a current
> picture in my mine of what is happening now, not what 'was' happening
> or adding more noise from reading all the posts.

OK - so far so bad...

IR 99% doesn't work. Touchscreen stops working a very short time after
booting. Proximity sensor doesn't work.
Everything else seems OK.

One thing I am curious about - a factory reset doesn't seem to reset
the firmware - is that correct?

Any logging options I can turn on on the Touch to help with this? - I'm
going to connect a USB keyboard to it shortly.

I connected a USB mouse this morning and no mouse cursor appears on the
screen but the scroll wheel and left button seem to work fine... (odd).

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio