Phil Leigh;570064 Wrote:
> OK - so far so bad...
>
> IR 99% doesn't work. Touchscreen stops working a very short time after
> booting. Proximity sensor doesn't work.
> Everything else seems OK.
>
> One thing I am curious about - a factory reset doesn't seem to reset
> the firmware - is that correct?
>
> Any logging options I can turn on on the Touch to help with this? - I'm
> going to connect a USB keyboard to it shortly.
>
> I connected a USB mouse this morning and no mouse cursor appears on the
> screen but the scroll wheel and left button seem to work fine... (odd).

The Touch uses a "union file system". The firmware gets loaded into the
"base" file system, any changes (settings, edited files etc) go into an
"overlay". The union of these two is what everything else sees. The
factory reset deletes the overlay. It does not reload the base
filesystem. It sounds like you have something corrupted in the base, so
just a factory reset doesn't cut it.

You probably need to reload the firmware, not just factory reset. You
should be able to put the fab4.bin file on SD or USB stick, boot and
select update from media. That takes the touchscreen to get to the
update menu. I'm sure it can be done directly from the SD or USB
without any interaction at all, but I don't remember how thats done.
I'd have to spend a little time pouring over the code to work it out.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson