Phil Leigh;571763 Wrote:
> You are correct. @100% the bottom 8 LSB's are zero and not relevant /
> handled identically by a 16 or 24-bit DAC.
>

> As for multi-bit...I happen to prefer upsampling + oversampling
> delta-sigma DAC's for the beneficial (to my ears) changes to the
> filtering architecture that moves the fold-down artefacts well out of
> the audible band. Others disagree.

Ok the that would imply that 24/96 or 24/196 downsampled to 24/48 would
work perfectly on an 16bit DAC that's supports 48kHz sampling frequency
provided you keep the volume at 100%
If the DAC only supports 44.1kHz It would still go with 24/88.2 and
14/172.4kHz downsampled to 24/44.1 ?

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this