iPhone;575269 Wrote:
> Phil, doesn't 7.6 use the new SQLite and 7.5 still uses MySQL. Would
> there not be a big difference in the times if he is on 7.5? Also, I
> have noticed a big difference between scanning an internal drive versus
> an external USB drive. External has always been slower.

There is a difference between 7.5 and 7.6 - on my server it's about
40%.  SbS 7.5 takes about 14:00 (minutes:seconds) and 7.6 takes 10:00
to scan 2372 albums in Flac.  On a slower server it's going to be a lot
more than just a 4 minute difference, but it still doesn't explain an 8
hour scanning time.

I back up to an external USB drive, so I have a mirror copy of my Flac
library.  I just ran a full scan of the external drive in 17:17, so
it's a bit slower, but I'm pretty sure it's the drive speed, not USB
that accounts for it.  The external drive is 5400 RPM vs 7200 RPM for
the internal drive.  I ran the same experiment a couple of years ago
when I was using an external 7200 RPM drive and the scan times were
nearly identical.

--
JJZolx