iPhone;575269 Wrote:
> Phil, doesn't 7.6 use the new SQLite and 7.5 still uses MySQL. Would
> there not be a big difference in the times if he is on 7.5? Also, I
> have noticed a big difference between scanning an internal drive versus
> an external USB drive. External has always been slower.

Well I'm using an external USB 2.0 drive and you've seen my times...
I'd expect it to be even faster with an IDE drive (assuming that the
music and SBS are on different drives to avoid read/write/head scan
contention)

As for 7.6 - yes I'm using SQLite because it works fine for me - but 8
hours vs 30+ mins??? I used to get sub-60 mins from 7.5...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.