First, thanks to everyone for the interesting dialog. Much appreciated.
Second, Merry Christmas!
Third, I got the SBT going this morning along with the DBpoweramp
ripper sw and installed a 1.5TB HD. This thing is WAY COOL! I think I
have only scratched the surface of what it can do. I really like the
internet radio feature! A lot more there then I expected.

As far as sound quality, after ripping 27 CD's I sat down to listen.
Intially I was not impressed, it was rough, edgy and sibilant, no
dimension to the sound at all. I let it play while out doing some
chores, it appeared to be a lot smoother when I returned a coule hours
later. Sounded better, I did notice that sound quality varied cd to cd.
The radio sounded VERY good. Right now I have a cd playing thru the
touch that I originally recorded from vinly and it too sounds VERY
good. I definitly need to be patient, let it play a little more as I
get used to it and see how I like it in a month or two. It certainly
sounds acceptable right now, but I can't help thinking it will sound a
lot better with a better dac. Also, I'm using AQ King Cobra IC's with
it.

--
Atver

John
Ayre Electonics, VPI Scout, AQ cables, Harbeth C7ES, REL R505 with a
Touch.