Here's a picture I made of the dac I'm using with my SB Touch.

[image: http://members.home.nl/koerts/Metrum_dac_close-up.JPG]

It's a small, handmade yet affordable dac called the *Metrum NOS mini
DAC*.

I ordered it blindly, without any try-before-you-buy option, after only
1 raving review on a populair Dutch HiFi-site. (sorry, only in Dutch)

It's made by a company that's more specialized in electrostatic
speakers, but they sure have a hit with this little dac. It can only be
ordered directly from the manufacterer, and the current waiting-list is
8-10 weeks, and the price has gone up about 20% since yesterday.

Nevertheless,...for only €345,- (I paid €295,- about 5
weeks ago) it's a steal.
My previous dac was the Cambridge dacmagic (hooked up to my previous SB
Classic), but the Cambridge dac didn't do anything for the SB Touch.

The Metrum NOS dac is in a different leaque and especially excels in
the mids, making voices sound breathtaking natural. Also the soundstage
becomes bigger/deeper.

Too bad this little dac is prety rare and there's no (English) review
or dealer network for it. I think it would sell like hot-cakes if they
were available at HiFi-shops.

Only small downside could be that it's only availabe in silver and it
comes with a small wall-wart PSU. (although it has an XLR plug at the
dac-side)

--
Alco