The only explanation I can give is that my Supernait reclocks, putting
both devices in the same playing field. (guessing here, I am not
educated on this subject).

Seems like the mod does something which really makes a difference. The
supernait only reclocks up to a certain threshold (thats whats being
said on the NAIM forum), possibly the mod pulls jitter below this
threshold and alas.

I was super sceptical it would make a difference on my system, thats
why I asked about the impact on the digital stream.

check out the reponses on the NAIM forum on this topic.
http://forums.naimaudio.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8772903417/m/2742938737

--
Flextreme