Mnyb;604062 Wrote:
> Can be another thing entirerly.
> Is it not simply to keep the volume at 100% all the time ? rg uses the
> squeezebox volume to achieve it's thing, meaning that even if you have
> the squeezebox volume at 100% it is not really 100% if you have
> replaygain on and files with rg tags, it's more like 85-90% ish ? that
> could be wrong but typically rg drops the volume -10dB .
Thanks for the reply, but does the same apply when you one is decoding
from FLAC to PCM on an external server, and streaming PCM to the Touch?
In that particular setting (ie, not the standard case of decoding FLAC
on the Touch) I would think that any RG adjustment would be applied at
the server, thus leaving the Touch's volume at whatever its nominal
setting is. But of course I could be wrong.

--
aubuti