JohnSwenson;602505 Wrote:

> Done right all these software tweaks really are unnecessary to achieve
> the best sound.

Yep that's in fact the challenge. Doing things right!
Though if products sell well, you got it done right! ;)
It's always a matter of perspective.

Soundwise, 99,9 % of those products out there are affected.
All manufacturers have to live with certain compromises.

Though I think we should put this discussion  into the right
perspective. We're talking highest-end stuff here.

At 250$+PS+SW mods, you'll able to achieve audiophile levels with the
Touch.
And there is still some space left. I could live with my setup for a
long long time.

Cheers

--
soundcheck