rgro;609123 Wrote:
> Thanks MCR but, as I'd mentioned, spousal use of the Touch does preclude
> my turning off the screen.  I suppose if I buy her an iPad and install
> iPeng, etc. we can dispense with the screen, but that seems a bit
> much.
>
> Garym, pragang, et al:   I've been reluctant to get into the power
> supply issue on the Touch since the benefits seems a bit err, ummm,
> unclear.  One question that this does bring to mind, though, is:
>
> Is there any point to looking at the power supply to the DacMagic or is
> that just not going to enter into the equation???  I've never seen much
> discussion of the ps's on dacs influencing SQ.  I suppose there's
> probably a good reason for that, but I've no clue as to why.

also, if you really determine that the soundcheck mods make you
happier, you could do the mods on your TOUCH and then setup a different
TOUCH elsewhere for you and your wife to use as the CONTROLLER for the
original touch. Only $300....minor cost relative to your system.  And
back to your PS question on the DAC. I have no idea, but I'd bet that
there is more potential for the PS on the DAC to cause issues (given
that the DAC is producing an analog output) than for the TOUCH PS given
that the TOUCH has digital in and digital out in your setup. But again,
I have no particular insights into PS or DAC issues. Only DAC I have is
my Benchmark DACI, which I like but in main system when I moved to the
TRANSPORTER.

--
garym