rpieket;609017 Wrote:
> Thanks Mnyb and amcluesent. I will keep my current setup as it is,
> then.
>
> Hey Logitech. How about letting the Touch mount network drives? It's
> getting more common by the day.
>
> -Ron.

The main performance bottleneck would be collecting and storing the
meta information. I had some bad experience with network players
(terratec) that attempted to scan (network-) folders collect meta data
AND play music all rolled into one box; it wasn't good at either. I
really like slimdevices approach of devided labour that a media player
should "dumb" in a way that is should be stellar at playing audio but
not much anything else. Leave the meta storage to a silly storage
server, NAS or otherwise. The Touch seems to throw this design a bit
overboard.

--
th00ht

Squeezebox Classis
Squeezebox Touch
Squeezebox Server 7.6.0 - 31827 / Arch64
Quad 303 + Two Quad Electrostats
'last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/th00ht)