DaveKen;612890 Wrote:
> Hi Gary,
> ATM I have a Netgear 834G Modem Router as the first 'stop' on my
> incoming ADSL path. As you may know this has both wired and wireless
> capability. I have 3 x Cat 5e cable connections going to various rooms
> in the house and one Cat 5e cable going into the workstation
> immediately at the side of this 834G. One room cable is unused
> (currently no components in that room), one
> goes into the room where the laptop is situated, into a 'plumbed-in'
> wall plate and I have the laptop permanently wire connected to this
> outlet. FWIW the laptop is wireless enabled and the signal in that room
> is reported a excellent so it is also connected wirelessly.
> The last cable is routed into our lounge, which also serves as my main
> listening room and our main TV viewing room. In this room we have the
> following items all with RJ45 ethernet sockets and, because they are
> available, I 'have' to have them connected: -
> Logitech Touch,
> Sky box (satellite TV facility),
> Sony Blu-Ray player,
> Vaio MM PC
> So I have a 'cheapo' Tenda switch on the end of the cable incoming from
> the 834G and the 4 above items are coupled to that using short lengths
> of Cat 5e cable. In direct answer to your question the Touch is
> ethernet coupled to the Tenda switch which in turn is ethernet coupled
> to the 834G router.
> Cheers,
> Dave.

OK. All good. I'm not at home, so just from memory, simply plugging the
ethernet cable into your TOUCH is not enough to switch it over to
ethernet.  Try doing a factory reset on the TOUCH (a little button on
the back just above where the powercord goes in). After the factory
reset, plugin the eithernet cable to the TOUCH. Do NOT enter your wifi
password on the TOUCH (we don't want it connecting to WIFI, only the
ethernet).

--
garym