Dave1972;614550 Wrote:
> I don't want to have a computer running every time I use the Touch.  One
> of the primary reasons for buying the Touch, was that it can play audio
> files WITHOUT having a PC switched on.....

I think many would like that.  But it's really a paradox in that you
don't want a computer running yet you want the Touch to have the
robustness and speed of.... a computer.
Same with the NAS users, they want a stripped down low power device,
but then complain when that NAS doesn't have the processing power of a
full fledged computer.

I'm on your side and would love to see what you desire, but
realistically I just don't think you will find that in a $300 audio
player, not in the near future anyway.

--
toby10