toby10;614555 Wrote:
> I think many would like that.  But it's really a paradox in that you
> don't want a computer running yet you want the Touch to have the
> robustness and speed of.... a computer.

Nah, I really don't.  Honest I don't.  I just thought it would be good
to have the ability to choose which folder to scan, rather than scan
the whole damn drive. Like the Boxee Box does - you can nominate a
folder (or folders) to index - or you can bypass indexing altogether if
you wish and just navigate the drives. This puts less pressure on its
limited resources, not to mention saves time. Especially as drives need
to be disconnected periodically to put more stuff on them.  I just
thought the Touch would benefit equally in this respect, that's all.
Seems that's not possible due to some deep-rooted design thing, which
means it absolutely must scan the entire volume of anything that
connects to it in order for its internal server to work.

--
Dave1972