DaveKen;614543 Wrote:
> Hi guys, particularly garym,
> Sorry I've been AWOL for the last few days, unfortunately life gets in
> the way of the music some times.
> I'm really happy now with the performance and SQ I'm getting from my
> Touch currently (more on that later) with one exception. Hitting 'Play'
> now pretty much gives me instant access to my library (on free standing
> powered exterior HDD via ethernet cable to PC and firwire from PC to
> HDD) but the problem of scrolling still remains. Irrespective of what
> menu choices I may make, no track info or cover art will appear on the
> screen, other than sometimes for a second or two at the start of a
> fresh track the track title info will appear. It is probably connected
> to the fact that, irrespective of what scrolling choices I may make in
> the relevant menu, the Now Playing View options are always all 'lit'. I
> can deselect any combination, leaving just one option selected but on
> returning to that option screen, all the available options are lit  -
> what is going wrong??  -  any ideas anyone??
> Regarding the SQ improvement, this weekend I replaced the supplied
> wallwart PSU with a temporary 'lash-up' of linear 5v DC PSU followed by
> a JLH Ripple Eater and the improvement is quite noticeable  -  I'm no
> audiophile reviewer but the bottom end seems to go deeper and tauter
> and the whole sound spectrum is smoother, sweeter to my ears. Sound
> stage width seems about the same but with more seperation and greater
> depth (of field, in photographic terms) I hate arguing with those more
> knowledgeable than me but my experience is tha the PSU supplied with
> the Touch CAN be improved on.
> Hope this helps and TIA of any help with my scrolling problem.
> Dave.

I'm a bit confused by your description, plus another post of yours
today.  I'm afraid you are back to plugging too many things in. Just
because there is a jack, it doesn't need to be plugged in.  ;-)

To be clear, is this your setup:

1. PC connected by ethernet to local network
2. USB HDD with music attached to above PC via USB..
3. SqueezeboxServer (SbS) running on above PC, with your music scanned
into its database.
4. Touch connected to your local network with ethernet. Other than the
ethernet connection, the Touch should ONLY have a power supply and then
be connected to your stereo (either using digital out to TOUCH or analog
out to preamp/amp).  DO NOT ALSO CONNECT A USB DRIVE TO TOUCH.

regarding your artwork, title, etc. Not sure what the problem is there,
but assuming you have the above setup, I'd do a complete clear and
rescan of my music in SbS as well.

--
garym