Cut-Throat;633851 Wrote:
> I have had a squeezebox on my home network for a few months now. I have
> my Music Library on a Desktop whose files are shared on the network.
> Everthing works fine.
>
> Today I added a Netgear Router configured as an access point to boost
> signal strength of my network. My Laptop connects to the new Access
> Point and can access the Music Library on my Desktop just fine. The
> squeezebox touch connects to the access point just fine, but cannot
> find the Desktop Music Library on the Network.
>
> Anyone know what the solution is??

Each AP has a default IP address. You can change this with the "web"
interface to your AP.

MOST IF NOT ALL AP's default to having DHCP server "ON." This means
that you may <or Will> have more than one device handing out ways to
connect.

When you added the AP, you added another way to connect using DHCP.

DHCP says: I can help you out if you need to connect. This would
normally be a good idea.

The bad part is if you have more than one helper on your network, they
can f*)2 you.

So: if you have a cable/dsl modem that passes out addresses (helpfully)
on 192.168.1.x and an AP passing out addresses (helpfully) on
192.168.254.x THEY ARE NOT ON THE SAME NETWORK.

They can't talk to each other. See some wiki on DHCP.

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless