gbcambridge;671937 Wrote:
> Hi Toby,
> I have "Googled" until I am blue in the face.  I get loads of
> "personal" reviews.. like "I am really pleased... etc., etc."   What I
> am looking for is a more objective functional evaluation. So far I have
> not found anything. Perhaps someone in this forum can enlighten me on
> this?

Not sure this is what you are looking for but....

The Touch's DAC is quite good, especially at this price point. In fact
many compare the Touch's DAC to standalone DAC's costing three times
what the Touch costs. There is also an interesting and recent
comparison of digital audio devices in the Sept 2011 issue of Hi-Fi
Choice Magazine (Great Britain). In a blind listening test the Touch
won out over other devices in the test, the other devices costing from
1.5 times as much to almost 6 times as much. Pricing from the article
is in British pounds.

SqueezeBox Touch at £239
Cambridge Audio Sonata NP30 at £400
Marantz NA7004 at £600