Why all this doom and gloom?
I think the Squeezeboxes have a bright future. Logitech is still taking
care of the software and the Touch is definitely a great product. As
many people are beginning to transition from physical to digital media
and services like Spotify growing, the market is just about to get
interesting for Logitech.
Yes they do not really promote them and and since they discontinued the
Boom, there is no stereo device with speakers - but I hope they will
bring out some new stuff soon.
It would be crazy giving up now, the niche market has only just begun
to grow.
Logitech are there to make money, so why should they leave the cake to
others?

I believe that (when the server software runs without probs) the Touch
is the best little streaming device on the market. I am not giving up
hope and have my fingers crossed...

--
Squeezemenicely

Squeezebox Server 7.6.1 on Squeezeplug (Dockstar)
Synology DS-410j NAS
Squeezebox Touch
Squeezebox Boom
Schiit - BIFROST Dac