aubuti;676635 Wrote:
> If you don't like that server:Squeezebox cost ratio then the solution is
> simple: you need to get more Squeezeboxes!  :-)
>
> Seriously though, the real beauty of the Squeezebox system (and similar
> systems such as Sonos) comes when start spreading them around the
> house/flat, so you have full access to your music collection, online
> services, etc in any room. SBs like to live in packs.

LOL!!! I already have a SB Radio for over two years now, and my SB
Touch is scheduled to come tomorrow (Thursday).

I actually worked on your earlier suggestion yesterday: I installed my
SB server on my old laptop, opened iTunes on it, pointing it to my
"Apple Lossless" file on my NAS. It worked and I was able to access my
music on that machine's itunes. I then scanned/pointed SB Server
software to NAS through Library tab/Media source, and did a rescan
through "advanced" tab. I checked out my SB Radio and my music on NAS
was all there. I played a few tracks off it with no problems.
Logically, this setup should work on my new SB Touch when it arrives
tomorrow. I will keep you updated.

--
thyname