NoRoDa;692368 Wrote:

> To me the different settings seem a bit mysterious, like you just made
> something that is using CPU without doing anything?

yes

> My head was focused on hearing improvements (or maybe changes), not
> knowing that the best I could hope for is no improvement.

This is not necessarily so - my original hypotheris is that variations
on the power rail couple into the audio output in some way.  In this
case varying cpu load and specifically going in and out of low power
mode are likely to have more impact than constantly using 100% cpu.
Hence a 100% process which avoids getting to the low power state could
be expected to have an impact which may be positive...   (or maybe not)
However I did reason it could have an impact one way or another.
Clearly in a perfect world it would have no impact.

--
Triode