UV101;692758 Wrote:

> Set up those dhcp reservations on your router, it'll at least remove
> all the uncertainty!!!

oday I set up a static address for the LMS server (mac mini) and a
laptop on the devices themselves.  (on the mac System
preferences->networking->wireless->advanced-etc).  I've set them
outside the range of the DHCP on my router.  As I understand, my router
Linksys -WRT54G2 does not support the "DHCP reservation" feature, that
is, the router cannot assign a device the same IP address each time it
connects, based on the device's MAC address.   However, the WRT54G2
does support the use of devices on your network that have fixed LAN IP
addresses-

If I have set a static IP on the server:

do I have to make a change on the router?  Is there a way?

I've been researching into DD-WRT to update the firmware.  I want to be
sure that there are no issues with ver. 6 first.  I've been reading up
on this as I will eventually take the steps (one at a time!) to
eventually tunnel in to my server.

Can I assign a static address on the SBT?

Thanks for all of your help here!

--
stereoptic