stereoptic;692793 Wrote:

> Can I assign a static address on the SBT?
>
> Thanks for all of your help here!
>
> Perhaps I was incorrectly interpreting the Server IP as indicated on
> the SBT.
> on the SBT:
> Settings>Advanced>Squeezebox info>LM>Server I.P Address 127.0.0.1
> Settings>Advanced>Diagnostics>Server Info 192.168.1.156

Yes you can assign a static IP address, connect your laptop up directly
to the SBT, no router no nothing, just an ehternet wire from the laptop
to the SBT. Boot the SBT. Select settings->advanced->Networking->Choose
Network.
Select "Connect to Ethernet Network". It will try for awhile and
eventually give up. In the menu that pops up choose to manually enter
the IP information. Follow the screen and enter the information. You
should now be setup. Note you will need a IP address, subnet mask,
gateway and DNS. You can get all these from the diagnostics menu when
you normally connect to the router, so write down this information
before starting this operation.

That line about the server being at 127.0.0.1 means that somehow you
have the builtin server running on the Touch and you are pointing at
it. This usually only happens if you have either a USB drive (or stick)
plugged in or and SD card. If you don't have either of those plugged in
I don't know how the server is running on the Touch.  To check and see
if the builtin server is running go to Settings->Advanced->Squeezebox
Server. You should get a message about the on board server, either its
not running or it is running. If it is running you should have a menu
item to shut it down, if so, shut it down.

Then try the networking->choose network again. If that still doesn't
give you an option for selecting an Ethernet network, I'm not sure what
is going on.

Even if that doesn't work you can try entering the address of the
external LMS by hand. You do that with the networking->Remote
Libraries->Add New Library. This lets you manually enter the IP address
of of the computer running LMS. This does NOT switch to that LMS, it
just adds it to the list. You still have to go to My Music->Switch
Library to select it.

If none of that works, then there is something really strange going on
here.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson