UV101;692817 Wrote:
> I wonder why they didn't make it a bit easier to assign a static IP
> address. I must admit, I just assumed, you couldn't do it! I guess it
> would do the same if you turned off the DHCP server on your network
> temporarily while you set up the networking.

Yes you can turn off DHCP in the router and it does the same thing. As
long as you have a connection to something and it can't get a DHCP
address, then it will prompt for a manual address.

If you don't have a connection the "there is no connection" codes takes
precedence and assigns a generic address. The set a static address only
kicks in when DHCP fails.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson