JohnSwenson;692799 Wrote:

> I tried the new USB audio applet 0.4, with the default kernel, it works
> great with both the HRT streamerII (async class 1.0) and the 2706
> (adaptive, 16 bit class 1) based DAC. The 2706 DAC works at all sample
> rates (44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96) which is a bit unusual since its only
> supporting up to 48. So either its using plug, or the server is
> resampling. I checked the info while it was playing different sample
> rates, and its just playing 44.1 or 48. I thought your jive_alsa was
> doing hw not plug so I'm not sure what is going on here.

Its using the card direct as hw and so should only support the options
provided by the player - interested in what is going on here.

> I tried kernel 3 and got exactly the same results. In addition I also
> tried the EMU-0404, which works in 44.1 but has bizarre sound in higher
> rates. So it looks like the EMU-0404 specific code did not make it into
> this kernel. I do not have any class 2.0 DACs to try at this point.

I will look at the source later this evening, but I didn't consiously
leave this out.  I will rebuild kernel #3 with some debuging enabled so
we can get some dmesg output for these cases to help debug.

--
Triode