Many thanks for your work on this... I have been patiently waiting for a
breakthrough and I really appreciate your perseverance.

I'm using an Audiolab 8200CDQ. With Kernel #1, no hub, sounds great so
far.

I had TT3.0 installed with Logitech priorities and buffersize of
20000... I did not take it off first, and it doesn't appear to be
interfering. Is it actually doing anything when playing out on USB?

Too soon for me to do a critical appraisal of the sound; I don't have
golden ears, so I shall just be listening for a few days.

Curious:

1) On regular CD FLAC rips, they read as 44.1k and 16-bit on CDQ

2) ...unless I am using ReplayGain adjustment, in which case it will
display as 22-bit or 23-bit depending on how aggressively it is being
volume-adjusted.

3) 48k 24-bit material I have always says 24-bit regardless of
ReplayGain setting.

Probably makes sense but I was expecting it to pad to 24-bit
regardless.

So I have a question: is this definitely using async USB? Does this
mean that jitter is essentially restricted to that in the DAC itself?

Thanks again.

--
tufty