505;693239 Wrote:
> The beta version of the patch is ready for testing. You can test it by
> adding an additional repository to the plugin list (web interface >
> settings > plugins > way down below). The URL is:
>
> http://server.vijge.net/static/squeezebox/repo-beta.xml
>
> Go into the patch menu, uninstall the previous patch if that was
> applied, reboot, then apply the beta patch.
>
> How it works:
> The brightness menu has three menus: control, automatic, and manual. In
> control you can choose between automatic and manual mode. In manual, the
> settings for the previous version of this patch are stored. There you
> can set the brightness level and minimum brightness level, and when to
> use those (playing, stopped, off). Under automatic are five new
> settings. A minimum and maximum value when the screen saver is off, and
> a minimum and maximum value when the screen saver is on. Because many
> might be using the now playing screen saver, it is not always clear if
> the screen saver if active or not. Therefore, there is a fifth option,
> to always use the active min/max brightness when playing (as if the
> screen saver is actually off).
>
> If you have any comments/bugs/ideas, please post them here.

Wow, that is fast!

I installed the beta version of the patch and this is what I observed
(after configuring it):

1.      I use the “Now Playing” screensaver with the analog VU meters when
playing. The screensaver delay is set at 10 seconds. The brightness
control works the same as previously; it is controlled by the
environment light and the patch has no effect on it.
2.      I also use a screensaver when the SBT is off (SDT wheather with
custom clock plugin). Trouble with that is that the patch now adjusts
the minimum brightness as set in “minimum brightness (screensaver)
control”. This is a behaviour I don’t want. In the “OFF” state the
brightness should be as set in the minimum brightness.

The patch as it is now doesn’t work for me because I alsways use a
screensaver and it would make the display too bright when the SBT is
off. It is strange though that the patch doesn’t work on the now
playing screensaver.

Instead of acting on screensavers there should be a “minimum brightness
when playing” setting and only use that setting when the SBT is playing.
If the SBT is in a not playing state then use automatic brightness
control.

--
Pascal Hibon

1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 1 x SB Touch - all wireless
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.7.1. w iTunes plugin
iPeng on iPod Touch.
SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.