Hi Triode,

Many thanks for your work on this!

I was wondering if you could give me a little help, I'm trying to get
the Arcam r-dac to work. It uses the tas1020b streaming controller
internally.

I've tried all four of your kernels with and without a usb2 hub and all
have the same behaviour: I go through your setup instructions and at
point 7 the touch reboots once I have selected the rdac but then it
gets stuck in a loop and continually reboots after around 20 seconds of
showing the "free your music" splash.

Similarly to RadBadMark, if I unplug in the DAC then the boot works ok
and I can select then normal config from the USB applet menu.

I tried to set asound.conf to use the DAC but this results in the same
rebooting loop. If I hotplug the DAC with my modified asound.conf then
try and play a track then I get no playback and dmesg includes the
line:
"ALSA sound/usb/clock.c:227: 2:1:1: cannot get freq at ep 0x1"
which may be relevant.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that one solution to this type
of issue may be editing the file
/etc/squeezeplay/userpath/settings/SqueezeboxFab4.lua to set a
different bit depth. I've tried this and it does not help, however
whatever changes I make to that file seem to be overwritten
on/etc/squeezeplay/userpath/settings/SqueezeboxFab4.lua a reboot.

Any help is much appretiated.

Thanks, Jack.

# cat /proc/asound/DAC/stream0
ARCAM ARCAM DAC at usb-fsl-ehci.0-1, full speed : USB Audio

Playback:
Interface 1
Altset 1
Format: 0x20 (24 bits)
Channels: 2
Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
Rates: 32000, 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000
Data packet interval: 1 ms
Max Packet Size = 585
EP Attribute = 0x1

--