Triode;696305 Wrote:

> Try setting the alsaPlaybackDevice="hw:CARD=DAC" and alsaSampleSize=24
> for your dac.
>
> The plugin should do this automatically - but lets find our what your
> dac needs first.
>
> Edit: Note - hotplug doesn't work as the playback application opens the
> audio device at startup.  Suggest you try manually editing the settings
> file as above, sync and reboot and see if it is picked up.
> Unfortunately if it is not then you need to do a factory reset (press
> and hold reset button for 5 seconds)

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've set the usb output back to default and then after the reboot used
the usb applet to select the rDac.

This gives the reboot loop problem.

I unpluged the dac so that boot will happen and looking in
SqueezeboxFab4.lua I have:

settings = {alsaPlaybackPeriodCount=2,
alsaEffectsPeriodCount=2,
alsaPlaybackBufferTime=20000,
cleanReboot=false,
brightnessControl="automatic",
brightnessMinimal=26,
alsaPlaybackDevice="hw:CARD=DAC",
alsaEffectsBufferTime=20000,
brightness=100,
alsaEffectsDevice="plughw:2,0",
alsaSampleSize=24,}

so that seems to match with your suggested settings so I'm guessing the
applet is working as you expected.

So, just to see what would happen, I changed to alsaSampleSize=16
saved the file and made sure I remembered sync (pretty sure I forgot
last time).

Plugged the usb back in, reboot and I get the same reboot loop.

Unplugged the usb to get it to boot so I can ssh back in.
The settings file SqueezeboxFab4.lua still has the mod
alsaSampleSize=16, so at least that is fine now (it was the sync
problem)

Do you have any suggestions of which settings I should try? I'm using
kernel 4 at the moment, the DAC is 1.1 compatible so perhaps that is
not the most suitable version.

(btw. usb audio works from ubuntu linux)

--
jackocleebrown