RadBadMark;696010 Wrote:
> Asynchronous class 2 audio appears to be working well, although using
> your applet to change the soundcard doesn't work for me for some reason
> - when I select the USB DAC in the menu and the SBT reboots, it enters a
> continuous boot loop until I unplug the DAC, at which point it then
> boots normally and I can change it back to the default soundcard. To
> get round this I've selected the USB DAC by modifying asound.conf
> instead - I'm assuming this amounts to the same thing although I
> obviously don't have the the info from the app available. Can I get
> hold of this data elsewhere in the system?

Thats very good progress - thanks for testing.  By modifying the
asound.conf layer you are going through a layer of alsa which I had
hoped to bypass by targetting the device directly.

I think the problem is that the sound card is expecting format 0xa
which is not supported by the main squeezeplay code at present (only 16
and 24 bit mode are).  I will need to look at adding this to the
jive_alsa code which is something I had hoped to avoid.

> I'm using test kernel 4 and it's been running in the background now for
> a couple of hours with no noticeable clicks, pops or dropouts. I'm not
> connected via a hub either, the DAC is bus powered and plugged straight
> into the back of the touch. Seems quite happy playing
> 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4 & 192kHz off the server too, although I don't
> know what the SBT is doing internally. I should be able to verify
> output sample rates tomorrow as my other DAC has sample rate indicators
> :)

As its a high speed device, I believe it should work directly connected
to touch (its only the 2<->1.1 portion of the touch silicon which
appears to have a limitation).  Can you see the momentary frequency
changing - this would indicate async is working correctly.

--
Triode