Triode;696572 Wrote:
> Answering this specific question.  192k playback is possible if the
> output device reports it as an avaliable rate.  Squeezeplay (the
> playback app) queries alsa for the max samplrate supported by the
> output port and reports this to the server.  The server then
> automatically uses sox to resample if the rate is above that reported.
>
> UAC 2 devices should be able to do 192k.  The internal spdif and dac
> also appear capable of it if the alsa plug layer is bypassed (i.e. one
> at a time).  Not sure of the load it will place on wifi, but over a
> wired connection I think this may be viable.

Thanks, but being curios have you managed to do it now ?

In older server versions I always imagined that is was a fixed list of
a kind ? I think I once successfully fudged the old squeezeplay 7.3 ?
to report itself as a transporter to the server to get 96k on my pc .
( some antique versions did not do more than 48 )

Keep up the good work , USB DAC's is a a growing niche due to computer
audio and laptops .making the Squeezebox more compatible with more
devices is always good people with USB only DAC's can now use
squeezeboxes with relative ease , I do like options on my
personal/home electronics and not being limited in conectivity .

You are probably correct on wired vs wifi for 192 especially if someone
is using WAV and not FLAC .

If you actually get 192 going it would make these files viable on
smaller servers that normally can't use
these files for example the Touch itself , again more options for the
user .

--
Mnyb

sub.