Jeff Flowerday wrote:
> Switched to async usb last night on the .5 kernel.  Played a 176.4 Neil
> Young had a drop out on one song.
>
> Upgraded to your .7 test kernel, played the whole album through no drop
> outs.  The drop out might have been a one time thing, like I said I had
> just switched to Async USB last night.
>

> I do get a second drop out at the beginning of the first song on a
> sample rate change.  Is that the nature of the beast, or is it something
> that might be addressed?  But now I also can't remember if it happened
> on the stock SPDIF out either.  I'm a bad tester!
>

> Hiface 2

Ok I think the drop out was related to not enough juice being supplied
to the hiface.  Got home tonight and the touch crashed as soon as I hit
play.  I backed EDO out and forced installed 7.7.2 and then did a reset
on top.  Reinstalled EDO.  Got audio cutting out at 172 sample rate
again.

Gave the high face more juice with a Y usb cable and hub, and drop outs
went away.