Triode wrote:
> No - a factory reset should get you back to the default state except the
> kernel.  Have you done a firmware upgrade - if so do you have the auto
> kernel update feature of EDO enabled (settings > advanced > digital
> output > digtal output kernel update), otherwise you will need to do
> this manually.

Thanks a million for your work and ongoing support, Triode.  I have
resolved the problem now.  I think it was because I turned off
mysqueezebox integration on the server, and then caused the player to
become unregistered by resetting. This seemed to disrupt the applet
installation (if that makes sense).